Does your hubby work overnight?

Mine does.... It sucks! How do you get by? I hate not sleeping with him at night and I hate being alone with my 2 year old at night. What makes it better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• My ex started working "overtime" as he called it but it never showed up in his paychek.....seems his overtime with with one of the secretaries he worked with.......
    Cathy38

Answer by Cathy38 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My husband worked nights for years. He just started works days. I find it strange to have him home at night. I still sleep on the couch many nights out of habit. I didn't like sleeping alone, So I use to fall asleep with the TV on waiting for him. Now I am trying to break this habit. This is a 24/7 society. There are more people working all kinds of shifts these days.

Just try to work around his sleep schedule. It is easier when the kids are young, You can still do things as a family. I hated it because my kids would be in school all day. See their dad for an hour then he was off to work. But he was able to go on every field trip and attend Dr. Appts. Teacher conferences etc. So there are pros and cons. Just plan fun things during the day. See matinees, go out to lunch, take walks in the park etc. Sometimes you do what you have to do.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 8:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Mine does here and there.. I usually sleep with the kids in bed when he is gone :0)
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 8:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes. It throws me off so badly. Can't sleep when he's home- I'm not used to sharing the bed. Can't sleep when he's not. . . miss him. Money's nice tho, he gets a shift differential
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Try to get him to change his shift if he can. I don't like you and baby there at night either! Since my divorce I had to get used to the nighttime. But I have a big dog who is very protective and has a vicious bark. I truly feel safer because of him.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 8:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• You think that's bad? Try living with a truck driver! I miss him so much, and he doesn't understand why I'm always all over him when he gets home... I trust him though. I've been with hiim on some of those runs when the ex had the kids. As fast as he gets home, he doesn't have time to be straying. Besides, we're always talking or texting when I'm not working myself.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My husband has to leave all the time with the military its hard but you think of ways I got myself a body pillow to try to make up for him not being there. It sometimes work but not always kind of sucks snuggleing with a pillow and not a 208 pounds man. Otheriwse i keep a picture of him next to the bed or something that reminds me of him it helps.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 8:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• When my DH was an over the road trucker my dog ( a BIG lab/american bulldog) slept in the room with me. It worked great 2 ways.......something big and snugly in the bed (even if it was at my feet) AND he made me feel safe b/c I knew if anything came near the house he would freak out!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Actually my hubby just started working 3 nights a week to help out with extra money for the christmas and to be honest I am not liking it. I hate not having him there next to me at night. It's hard on my little man too he misses his daddy and we don't feel as safe when daddy isn't home, but we are adjusting slowly. I think you just have to resign yourself to the fact that this is what it is and it will be ok!
    tagable

Answer by tagable at 11:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2008