Tithe

For those of you who attend a church do you tithe 10% of your income? be honest, either way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes i always do and i also pay my fast offering. i have had a faith in tithe for many yrs and have committed to it for about 8 yrs. i get blessed so much more for having done so. honestly. for me it's like i know with that tithe i will be blessed so i make sure i pay it. it's like an insurance in a way. we are kept safe, rarely get sick and we got this house when we really shouldn't have but the lord blessed us with it. in our church you can't seek help to pay your bills etc if your not a full tithe payer. i feel bad when i ask for the help cause i feel like i'm taking from the lord but my mother says don't you pay your tithe. when actually the fast offering is the money used to pay bills etc. the tithe to build temples churches and everything that blesses me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• no, when your income is less than what it costs to pay the bills, you don't have 10% to give. We just give what we can $5-$20 a week
    Anonymous

• We did for a long long time. But we've kind of stopped going to church, I know we should be going and tithing our 10%, actually God's 10%. When we did, God totally showed us that he was there and He was taking care of us. We would tithe completely trusting Him and we would have maybe $20 for groceries for the week, which was no where near enough. We'd always find the money, God would give it to us in the most unusual ways and we'd always have enough. This is the one area in which God says you can test Him. If anyone wants the bible verse, I'd have to find it, but you can message me and I will.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I do and give a love offering as well.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't at this time because we don't go to church (waiting for DH to get Sundays off). I do give TONS of things away to people on FreeCycle and donate my time and money to make hats and scarves for those in need. I try to be selfless.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• we budget 10%, then give more according to the rest of the budget. there is a difference between 'tithes' and 'offerings'..for us, our offerings are what we 'feel led' to gve after tithing, whether its extra $, or donations to various charities/benefits/community organizations/missions, etc.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yes because that is what the bible says to do.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No, we give what we can afford that week. When my husband gets paid we give more that week. When I get paid we might give half. (We get paid every other week from each other.)
    Anonymous

• yes
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2008