Can pregnant women eat duck?

My mom told me that pregnant women can't eat duck, and I am 9 weeks 2 days pregnant, and my grandpa's birthday is on Friday, and they're going out to eat duck, and I love duck! But I was wondering if it was safe for me to eat duck. Thanks in advance!

thenguyenclan

Asked by thenguyenclan at 7:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes you can eat duck :)

as long as it's fully cooked, same as you would do with chicken or turkey
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of not being able to eat it. There are lots of things you can't have but I've NEVER seen that on the list!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm in your boat! I love duck, but I like it rare...I can't stand it dried out. Its duck season...my husband will be bringing some home soon, I am definitely going to eat it...
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 7:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• OMg that just makes me think of frying the turkey for thanksgiving!!! Shame shame in making a pregnant lady start a craving when she has to wait till the 27th to have it :P LOL!!! From my understanding any poultry is fine so long as it is fully cooked. Enjoy it!

eating

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 7:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2008