Question about friendship of 14 years and what I should do

She said she was calling me on my old cell for a month before finding out I had changed the number. LIES! My old cell still is on but no minutes so I know she hasnt called. When we do talk she zones out on me!

She messaged me Dont you want to be friends with me? Since I hadnt talked to her I deleted her and alot of other people . I told her how I thought she was trying to lose my friendship.

She replied how hurt she was I would think that. I ended up being the one to apologize about how I felt! Not her. She said I am sorry you felt that way. Yet, there I was writing back I am sorry to her.

Should I be the ONLY ONE apologizing? Should I just let her go as a friend since we havent been close in over three years now? I mean I could just say some friends are here for a day, some for a week, some for a month, and so on I think it would be best til if we just went our seperate ways now and maybe reconnect later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• She could have had something on her mind that she was unable to share with you and it took precedence over the friendship. If she has qualities that you like and can be friends on your terms, then stay friends.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• it's probably time to let go, at least for a while. My best friend from High School and I haven't been close in 20 years but she came to my grandmothers funeral and will always be ther if I need her and I would always be there for her but we don't realy keep in touch any more because our lives are so different we just grew apart. I'll always love her because we went through a lot of stuff together. She may even be on Cafemom, who know.
    Anonymous

• When your phone runs out of minutes it isn't able to be used is it? I recently deleted a lot of people from my friends list to that I hadn't talked to in a while and I'm wondering what I was thinking because I've had times where I've been really busy, hadn't been able to be online much for a while (phone lines messed up, storms knocking out router, kid breaking a foot, getting sick, family/friend needing a lot of emotional support etc) so what's it hurt to keep the friendship and just not expect more from it than what it is?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We have grown apart I know that but its almost like she doesnt want to be the one to end the friendship so she calls when she knows its almost to long to go without talking.

I know she has stuff on her plate as well but we didnt talk for three months last year and that is when I had a miscarriage and needed her the most. When we talked after she said she would try better then zoned out on me in conversation and I was like I have to go and let her call me from then on it May of this year when I called her and I think we have spoken three times since! I want to be nice to her but I shouldnt have to apologize for how I feel. I think I am going to let her go and I will be the "a-hole" to everyone we know that she talks to but its better to leave it this way then hard rude words later.
    Anonymous

• I have friends that we go months sometimes without talking, but we have a "connection". We will always be friends and there is no deleting numbers. When we do talk or get together it is for HOURS so we can catch up. If your friendship is not sure, then it probably has run it's course. You don't have to formally end the friendship or explain yourself, just stop reaching out to her. She'll eventually fade out and just be "someone you know".
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 8:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008