how to brush an infants gums and tounge?

My daughter has a white tounge from the formula she's been drinking. I bought a baby toothbrush last night and tried brushing her tounge i could only get in so far in he rmouth and the white was coming off. Any idea how to get her to cooperate to get her whole tounge.

army_mommy15

Asked by army_mommy15 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wrap a piece of gauze around your finger and use your finger. A brush could lacerate her gums.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• THEY MAKE SOFT LITTLE SILICONE FINGER TIP GUM BRUSHES AND A SAFE CLEANSER YOU CAN USE, ALTHOUGH JUST USING WATER IS FINE.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• just buy the finger ones that come with the infant toothpaste, you might have to pin them down and have someone help you but it will get done, and maybe they will learn to like it mine did
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 7:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I always used a wet wash cloth. Just cover the tip of your finger with it and rub it gently across the babies tongue. Worked for me. And the baby is not as bothered by it as a brush.
    Anonymous

• wash cloth with water or the special infant finger-tip brush and infant toothpaste. I think Gerber sells the infant finger-tip brush and infant tooth paste. Check with babies R us or wal-mart.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• use the finger brush and some infant toothpaste. let them go for it. I let my son do it on his own and now he does it for me no problems. Also try letting your little one hold a wet washcloth to chew on.
    TylersMom020908

Answer by TylersMom020908 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2008