How do I clean Carseat belts?

Hi ladies! My 17 month old got sick in his car seat real bad and i have no idea how to clean the straps and i want to do it right. I tried some wipes but that wasn't doing it, there was just too much to clean up. Anyways, any advice would be great. Thanks!

Momofboys22

Asked by Momofboys22 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• i use a wet & soapy wash cloth
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I always took them off the seat, then gave them a good scrubbing with a paste of baking soda & water. Made them look almost new again.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I used a container of hot water mixed with All purpose cleaner and a scrub brush. I don't miss those days! My kids were big car pukers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I take mine off from time to time and get a stiff bristled scrub brush - I take the straps all the way out and lay them on the kitchen counter - then spray them with a cleaner and scrub them clean. Kids DO get sick from time to time and they also just get grimy.

Good luck and I hope he's feeling better!! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you can't get them off of the seat, line the seat with plastic and I use a scrub brush and a baking soda and water.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010