Do you get into arguments?

Do you get into argument's over the grocery shopping? My s/o finally stopped getting mad at me about buying garbage food. It bothers him that I will buy whatever I want and not out of necessity. I like my junk food and it use to be a argument with him on the amount I would spend on a platter of something usually cost is around $9, and feeds 5 or more. Is your shopping different than his? Who buys more garbage and who gets upset about the bill, if that is a issue?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 10:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• After 37 years of marriage, we've learned to let the little tings slide. We never argued much anyway, since I'm married to the most sweet tempered man in the world.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We don't argue much either. When we go to the grocery we get what's on our list, our meal menu for the week. If we want a snack or something we grab it. We don't get mad or put each other down.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I do all shopping(grocery, clothes, kids, gifts, self...) how I want no Q's asked. Both me and my SO buy clothes and stuff when ever were out and see a deal or a like. But when We go shopping together or for me My SO and I argue like crazy over the clothes and shoes I pick for myself. I argue w him like my DD(8) argues w me about clothes. He likes to dress me(has good taste) and I like being a woman and picking out very fashiony stuff. Im edgy while he is just w the average trend....He picks out expensive stuff I choose deals. So natuarally he could care less about groceries!!!!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 10:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We used to buy a bunch of junk food collectively. However, we've (over the last year) have started to really buy more of what we need. We never saw the point in buying a bunch of junk food that doesn't last more then a few days. However, when it came to grocery shopping that seemed to be all we got. We became more conscience of what we were purchasing and found that we are better shoppers when we're fed and awake. Ha!

Our arguments don't happen over whether we buy junk food or not though. It comes over getting my husband's imput on things. He is the king of the phrase "I don't know". If I hear that one more time I swear I'm going to strangle him! He is absolutely the most indecisive person I have ever met and it drives me bananas.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My husband and I are almost complete opposites. I'm the more conservative shopper, I only get what we need or can afford, while he has a tendency to buy whatever he wants without even looking at the price. That's why I take care of the money and shopping for the most part. If he was free to do what he wanted with our money while shopping our bills wouldn't get paid but he would have everything he "needs" to go hunting and he'ld probably have a lot more DVD's and video games.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We've never argued about the groceries; I buy a little "junk" here and there, he's never said a word about it. Since I'm a SAHM, I make/plan all the meals, he doesn't second guess me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No. Actually my husband does the majority of grocery shopping. It helps to marry a man who was single and living on his own for 15 years before marrying! He had to learn how to shop and cook for himself! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We both do d shopping but he's d one dat love his junk food I try to buy what we need for d week and what I'm going to cook but he will fill d car up wit goodies it boders me bcuz I'm trying for all of us to eat healthy and start taking care of our self but he just says he's healthy in d end he gets what he want but nothing to argue for!!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• That's not an issue in my household; my adult son does all the grocery shopping by himself.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I write out our menu for the full month and tally up how many of each item I need to do that compete menu. Money is tight, so I don't let my SO come to the store with me because he is an impulse buyer. It isn't that I am trying to deprive him, just that we need to budget carefully. If you have the money, why shouldn't you be able to get what you want? :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 4:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2010