is it normal if a baby doesnt sit up by 9 mos?

my daughter will be 9 months January 5th 2011..
She is still not sitting up yet. She isnt even trying. We are thinking she is just lazy and not ready but its hard not to compare the developments between your children. and wonder is this normal?? My oldest was sitting up by 6 months.. when should i worry?? she is a heavy baby loves to eat!! lol size 4 diapers lol
she is pushing up on all 4s and trying to crawl starting to scoot around with no problem but just doesnt want to sit up. when we sit her up ourselves, she stays for a bit then pushes her self down. =(

Asked by texas_robin82 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It'd time to speak to her Dr. to be evaluated.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Definitely talk to her doctor, just to makes sure.

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i would ask a doctor, or not to be mean but yes she could just be lazy.

Answer by sunflower1986 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I dont think a 9 month old can be lazy. Ask your doc if you are worried. Every baby is different.

Answer by wood1980 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I had a frien who's baby was a heavy baby and took long in doing alot of stuff bcuz of d weigh but trust ur instincts if u worry go ask her doctor!!

Answer by May787 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would speak with your PED. All babies develop differently. In the mean time, I would have her sit even if supported to get the practice. I know its hard not to worry! Good luck to you!

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• babies develop at different times go talk with the doc and good luck x

Answer by san78 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would speak to your dr.

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2010