How long does liquid foundation last? I have had a moderate priced one for awhile,

I wear it once a week but it still is in good condition. How long does it last before it goes bad?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I wear mine at least 5 days a week, and I have an empty bottle about every 3months and it doesn't go bad before that. so I would think at least 6. You know its bad when the color starts to separate from the oil.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Liquid make up is usually 12 months. It should have a little symbol and a 12 or 24 after it. That is when you need to throw it out.

The general rule is 12 months for liquids 24 months for powders, and 3 months for mascara.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Make up is expensive. As long as it isn't separating or smell bad I wouldn't throw it away.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• 12 months. Even if it looks ok, bacteria can still grow in it. It's better to be safe, you could end up with a rash!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes. It is a decent brand and was reccomended on cafe mom. It really covers up like Estee Lauder but I just do not wear it that much but it is still in great condition.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2010