is there a better way

ok here the thing my son has been on a sippy cup for a while and it more of a cup with a straw now he is 12months old likes to lay down w/ his milk bottle at night i have tried diffent sippy cups cause when he lays down w/ the one he has he han get nothig from it i really dont know what elas to do or use? please help

izzybugg13

Asked by izzybugg13 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• be persistent with the other cup. He'll eventually get the hang of it.
    Anonymous

• We too have a 12 month old and likes his sippy cup. I found that Walmart has one that is awesome. It is a Nuby sippy cup. It has a slicone sipper. It doesn't make it a mess and it is easy to sip from...Hope this helps!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 7:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Are you asking what you can do at night? If I were you, I would just cold turkey it.. He will cry for a few nights maybe, but he'll get over it. You might have to just let him cry it out.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Try the nuby ones. The are softer and more like the bottle.
    Anonymous

• If you have to have one, I'd recommend the nuby one too, but it's really not good for them to lay down with milk in their bottle at night. I guess you could put water in it and it he might decide he doesn't want it anyway. If it were me, I'd try to get rid of it, but you have to do what's right for you and your situation. Good luck.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 11:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Go the cold turkey route. Try getting a soft top sippy cup, fill it with water, and switch it out with the bottle. As soon as our son got his teeth in we started giving him water at night. He won't like it for the first few nights, but soon he will learn that he's not gonna get the milk during bedtime anymore. You might have to invest in some earplugs though, lol.
    mcmgirl88

Answer by mcmgirl88 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008