Christians, how would YOU answer this letter:

Letter from Jesus about Christmas --
It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season.
Now I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up... It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5 Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or
her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember.
I LOVE YOU, Merry Christmas.....
JESUS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think regardless of from whom the letter is supposed to be, or is from in reality, or the belief system of the reader, that it makes some EXTREMELY valid points, not only at this time of year, but year round.

We should ALL be more mindful of our fellow man. We should ALL be mindful of those less fortunate, and be giving when we can. We should ALL be more willing to perform acts of kindness for others, rather than argue our own small misfortunes.

And we should ALL remember that our actions have consequences and are lessons to our children on how to behave and treat their fellow man, for good AND for ill.

Those of us that are religious or spiritual, that our actions are also accountable in our respective faiths.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I don't see where it requires an answer

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I sent this to my SIL ... she is going to love the letter.

I agree with Gemini ... regardless of your religion, pick out some things on the list and do them throughout the year, not just during the holidays. Take care of your fellow man ... what you give out will come back to you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• " quite frankly I don't think I'd need to respond because that came from a person not Jesus. =) "

WOW (shakes head) some people just DON'T. GET. IT.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Wow very well written.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• if it were an actual letter i'd answer it with a prayer for the people in the world
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well i dont know if Jesus is so straight forward but i could see him writing this. But it doesnt matter what Jesus writes because people seem to keep forgetting every day what he has written and taught..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• There were many points I liked, but also many things I don't agree with (like Jesus being God and the things related to that, for example).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Im not Christian but I do agree.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Firenice: Jesus speaks through people and in this case this is exactly what He did.

I love this letter. The only response it needs is Thank you Jesus for showing the way and then pick more than one thing on that wish list of His to do! I have done a few already!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010