ACK! This annoys me sooo much !

My sister in law ( husbands brothers wife ) annoys me !

She makes it seem like such a big deal about someone watching her kids... This past week we were at MILs, taling about whatever and got to the point to where MIL was teasing her about letting a stranger watch the kids ( it followed what we were talking about) ... and basically my SIL will only let her mom or her best friend watch her kids, she even said that if she has an appt. or something and neither of them can babysitt she will actually cancel the appt.

I think this is crazy and women like this bug me soo much ! ...... OK I understand not leaving your kids with a pedophile but just because you leave your child with someone else doesnt mean they are going to harm your kid... daycare workers are lisenced, meaning they know how to take care of kids, other family members and friends are not going to put your kids in danger... I just want to slap her to make her understnad that people are not out to get her kids !

and guess what... I have a 15 year old son, I have most of his babysitters online or in newspaper ads and he was never harmed, as a matter of fact I think his babysitters did better jobs that my family memebers when watched him

Doesnt that drive you crazy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No because it's my kids and not yours. Sorry if I dont randomly pick some STRANGER out of the newspaper to watch my kids. I want someone I know and trust. They aren't your kids so I don't see why it bothers you so much. Get over it any worry about your own life.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• as long as they are "trust" worthy . . . I don't just let anyone watch my DD. . . but my mom, my dh's mom, my step sis, friends. . . definitely not my bio sis. . . that would warp her more than anything. . .lol. . . it depends on who I can get to watch her and what the occasion. . . if I can't get a sitter for some messed up reason. . . I take her with me. . .but I haven't had to yet!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Over protective parents annjoy me. They can't see past the end of their nose to see what situations they are setting themselves up for later.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Actually, no, I don't see anything wrong with that. Her child, she has to do what SHE feels comfortable with. Personally, I will only have two of my closest friends babysit my child (my family lives in Europe, so they're not an option). I do trust his daycare provider too, and I didn't know her before I scoped her out, but other than that, nobody else. Maybe things will be different when he gets older, but now (at 2 years old) I AM very cautious about who I leave him with. And that's okay. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, ya know?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• exactly green eyed grandma -- my SILs kids are going to be so messed up when they grow up ....

where as my son is very independant and I know it is because I wasnt a helicopter
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It seems as though she has a case of Stranger Danger! lol

Seriously, though, there are a lot of weirdos out there today and I would never have left my child with a stranger. She was in day care, and spent afternoons at a kids club, but I knew the people who ran the businesses, so it really did not bother me. She is just being cautious - it does not seem as though she is commenting on your parenting style, so let it go.

You might consider that your feelings toward her are rooted elsewhere. Does your MIL treat her better than you? Do you feel that you failed your son because you allowed strangers to keep him? Does she have a better figure? So many things can cause ill feelings toward people who come into our families. Examine your feelings and find out why you dislike her so much.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I can understand where she is coming from in this crazy world we live in, but with your family it's a little too much, unless she has a specific reason. It's then almost like her kids are too good for anyone to watch by even the family, only her hand picked sitters. Unfortunately it's her kids and that's her right, but around family so as to not be so uppity or hurt anyone's feeling, she should stay off the subject. She better hope someday there isn't an emergency and needs one of you family members, then what? I guess you better be prepared to babysit, after all "Your Family" LOL on that remark !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• not at all neebug .... I would rather have my life than sit at home and worry about who is going to kidnap my kids lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It's not my kids, so it wouldn't annoy me. I think it's up to a parent to decide who they feel comfortable with.
    You said yourself the strangers you picked out of a newspaper were better than your family....so why would she want your family babysitting? lol To each their own. Don't let it bother you.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I disagree.. I will only let my son be watched by my sister and my mom.. he is 3.. he can't fully understand or know what is going on and can be manipulated easily at this age. I would NEVER find a babysitter on line - some random whoever watch my child.. how the hell do you KNOW this person is not a creepy sex offender.. I am over protective of my sons life and future.. he will have his freedom but not to this extent.. I don't care if that makes me crazy, at least he will be safe and know that I would never let him be watched by someone I didn't know and TRUST.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010