Does your doctor intimidate you?

I have a doc that intimidates the heck out of me sometimes but he's a wonderful doctor! I trust him and trust his advice and he's a terrific surgeon as well. We are the exact same age and I've been his patient for over 20 years, so you'd think I wouldn't have a problem.

booksandhooks

Asked by booksandhooks at 11:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Health

• no, i love all of my drs and if I felt intimidated at any time i would change drs... i understand respecting him... but you shouldn't feel intimidated, rather feel like you can be open, honest, and yourself...
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No, I have had the same doc since I was a teen and he's a really nice, down to earth guy. I know what you mean though, some can be pretty intimidating!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Dr's are only humans with a degree. Anytime you give someone enough power that you feel intimidated you are selling yourself short. Dr.'s are not Gods. Everything they say is NOT always right. People need to stand up and learn that it is okay to tell a Dr. "no" or to call them on the carpet by letting them know you do not appreciate their condesending tone. I used to have this issue as a young mother, not any more, not for a very long time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Nope, I love ours. He is our family doctor and his wife is my gyn. They are great people.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No I only go to doctors I'm comfortable with. If they make me feel uneasy I'll go to a new doctor. But I yet to have that issue
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I only ever had one doctor and I dropped him for a doctor who helped me lose weight.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think I came across wrong on this question. I love this doctor! He's really wonderful and has helped me so much, especially right now. He doesn't talk to me in a condescending way. It's just that he can be really blunt sometimes that takes me by surprise. He's very down to earth and I wouldn't think of changing. In fact, I hadn't seen him for a long time but when I had a particular problem, I went straight to him. I do trust him and his expertise and this comes from past experience.
    booksandhooks

Comment by booksandhooks (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No, mine is like a friend who happens to be the best doctor I've ever had

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No. I'm particular about doctors and see them as little as possible. So if I felt intimidated by one I wouldn't go to them anymore.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Nope, I work well with my doctor to manage my family's health.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010