My son is almost 3 and I still don't have my sex drive back! adult content

I have talked to my doctor and they only want to put me on medications that tend to have really bad side effects...advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My daughter is 4 and it's slowly coming back. I'd go with a birth control that has similar hormone levels to that of the Ortho Evra patch. I think if you have a birth control that's too high in estrogen, you might as well not use any birth control at all. The progesterone hormone is what may help with the sex drive. (Thank you, Dr. Drew!)

Stress levels and environment can also interfere with your sex drive.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have the same problem.. I have to "fake" it and as well, it always feels good, its not GREAT anymore, you know? and I never want it so for my wonderful husbands sake, I just pretend and hope it comes back
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• don't feel bad i'm only 23 and my daughter is 2 and a half and most of the time i dont feel like having sex at all and i feel weird about it too. and i feel bad for my man cause he wants to have sex and i don't. but i wouldnt take no meds if they were gonna cause really bad side effects
    prettymamiof2

Answer by prettymamiof2 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I just feel like I am not a "woman" anymore. I shouldn't be completely out of that game at 26...I used to love sex and now it just seems easier to make excuses rather than do the deed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I know what you mean, I am 32 and feel the same way.. I already take meds for my anxiety/depression which also lessen the sex drive, I didn't want to take another one with MORE side effects.. I found now that I don't even want to please myself which was a past time in the "old days' so sad.. I am sorry you are going through this
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• your not alone x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Maybe you could talk to your health physician? Or you could just try some new stuff- lingerie, movies, toys, etc. Sometimes something new can stimulate you?Good luck!
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 1:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I am in the same boat as you are. I'm 27 and I have to force myself to even THINK about planning to have to sex! lol I force myself to do it for the sake of my SO but I just don't get in the mood anymore like I used to and I know it makes my SO upset (he likes to express it a lot) but he doesn't understand. He thinks it's either I'm cheating on him or I am not attracted to him anymore which is neither the case.
    I don't take any meds for it but if this keeps up I just might have to! Good luck!
    Ariahsmom

Answer by Ariahsmom at 1:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010