What specifically has Obama lied about?

I see on here all the time people say is Obama is a liar. The only "lie" I know he got caught in was that he said he hadn't seen Aires in years and it had actaully been a year and a half.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• There was this time when he was 5, his mom asked him if he got in the cookie jar before dinner. He responded, " No". Then there was a time when he was 7 and his mom asked if he cleaned his room. He responded, "Yes mom". (but he really didn't) Then there was a time when he was 9 and his teacher asked what happened to his homework, he replied, "the dog ate it". He just didn't do it. So, now that we have found out what he really lied about, can we all sleep well tonight?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't know why people are worried about half this stuff they say about Obama. He is the President Elect now so people need to get over it.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• His relationship with Bill Ayers. He didn't know his friend and mentor, Rev. Wright was a racist and preached hate. He promised to take funding from the public finance for his campaign and didn't. He slung mud with the best of them after he did not want anyone to do it to his wife and family. When you run for the highest office in this country, your life should be an open book and he was not forthcoming with many things that the everyday public would care about. I don't mean the color of his skin. That is not an issue other than the fact that he is bi-racial which some choose to ignore. I just think there will be some secrets exposed after the fact that are going to upset the apple cart.
    Anonymous

• " He slung mud with the best of them after he did not want anyone to do it to his wife and family. "

what mud slinging are you reffering to? Like , when he stood up for Palin and said her daughters pregnancy was a private matter? Please provide examples.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 8:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Do you seriously think Obama isn't a liar? He is a POLITICIAN honey. Some of you people are in desperate need of a wake up call. He is a politician like any other. They ALL lie. Sorry to bust your bubble. There is no santa clause either.
    Anonymous

• Don't forget he is a Lawyer..they lie also!
    Anonymous

• anon, what specific things? i mean that's what op is asking and you're not providing any additional information.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I am not concerned with who lied. I am concerned about ISSUES..
    Perhaps you all could ask about the issues of Obama you hold dear and why you voted for him and why we disagree. Instead you start superficial debates about trivial statements.
    Concern yourself with the facts. For Instance: How about having an extreme liberal in the White (such as Obama) and extreme liberals in the Senate/House (Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, Reid, etc).. Add to that an extreme liberal, Rahm Emanuel.
    So many wanted change, but did they really stop to consider the Price of Obama's Change???
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• ~I did stop to think how he might pay for his leftist ideals of change. And that is why I voted against him. NOW, that he is President Elect, it is my duty as a concerned citizen to use my freedom of speech to encourage others to voice their opinion as well.
    Why don't you all stop focusing on why people think and feel they way they do about Obama and start looking at the Issues for which he wants CHANGE.
    How do you think he is going to pay for this change?
    Why is it ok to you that he works to repeal the Hyde Amendment?
    Why is it ok to you that he removed the secret ballot from Employees voting on becoming a Union?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Are you aware that many of his changes(that he ran as strong issues to get elected) are similar to the changes FDR made that have been accredited to prolonging the Great Depression by 7 years.
    Why are you ok with that?
    If these are all ok with you, fine. But if you aren't, write your elected officials and make a difference. Post on CM to encourage others to do the same.
    grlygrlz2