I WAS WONDERING.....

I was wondering if there was a way to block anonymous ppl from answering a question. We are grown women and mothers why should we hide our identity?

I am proud of who I am and the answer that I post. If I was to hurt ur feelings and I will try my best not to then I will like to know that I did. I like to speak the truth and say what you wont say. This is WHO I AM....

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No way to block it. I just wish we can filter out the trolls. I've actually had some good advise from people who post anonymous
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• unfortunetly no..i wish there was an option like that when asking question if we had the option of allowing ppl to post anon..i just really dont get why some ppl do..especially when it has to do with "fun" stuff..like in the would you rather section.."wyr coffee or tea" whats the point of going anon when answering a stupid question like that!! I DONT GET IT!! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No, there is no way to block anonymous answers.

It's beend discussed (repeatedly), suggestions have been made. However, I personally do not forsee that option becoming available. I could be wrong though.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I guess I say this because majority of my poster are being messy. But that is fine with me because I am a strong believer in what I say.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• There's not currently an option, but I wish there were.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No, though I wish they would leave certain sections without the ability to post anon - like the debate sections where the only reason its used is to stir up trouble. Or at least give the posters the chance to choose whether or not they will allow anon responses. And there needs to be more done when someone missuses the anon feature. I know several anons who honestly should just have their privileges revoked. The idea of having to earn it was good to start with, until they made it so easy to gain credits. What started as a seemingly good idea for a credibility system has turned into a mere game, and we're not really seeing any of the results the changes were meant to make.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It's been requested and they are considering it. Go to the CM Phi Beta Answers group to let them know you support the idea.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Nope
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• no and it can be annoying i know
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Why post answers anonymously when it's good advice or a strong opinion? It almost makes one think that they're afraid of getting bashed or flamed for what they think or receive hate mail. If you receive hate mail because of a strong opinion you have, just report it to the Team and they'll take care of it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2010