baby has cough for 2 weeks, sleeping alot, not eating as good

she was already little and early, did real well for 6 mo, now am afraid she slipping back

k-10

Asked by k-10 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Go to your doctor right away. Any child who does not have as much energy as they have had is is more lethargic needs to see a doctor ASAP. Especially if she is not eating well and has congestion. I don't want to scare you but it could be serious. It most likely isn't. Young children are at risk for RSV and it is serious in infants who were born early. Also she could have early signs of pneumonia. Drainage from congestion can get trapped in the lungs and cause aspiration and pneumonia. Or it could be a really bad cold. When dealing with the health of an infant if you have a concern GO NOW. I actually switched my son's doctor because he kept telling me my son had just a cold. Ah...it was way more serious than that. Please get her medically assessed.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree go get her checked out. I have had 2 preemies and one of the biggest fears is RSV and it is RSV season right now...Aswell as flu season and pneumonia is going around as well. Both my preemies had to have the synagis shot which prevents RSV...Your baby is at the right age to get seriously ill from it...So PLEASE take your precious little one in. If the Doctor tells you its nothing serious go to the ER and have them do some blood work and chest x-rays. 2 weeks is too long for a baby to be sick.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008