• In the Spotlight:

Do you think "nesting" is real or just an old wives tale?

Just wondering b/c I am 33 weeks pregnant today and in super clean mode....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's real. I went through it with both of my kdis
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well I never went through it, I know plenty of women who did
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i think its real to!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• its real

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i went thru it with all of my kids, but each time it was in a diff form. with my first it was buying needed things, with my second, it was moving to a bigger house and being unpacked in a week. and with my third, it was deep cleaning everything
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 12:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Definitely real. I even get it before my period.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I never went through it. I prepared for having a new baby in the house & i always clean regardless. I wouldn't call what i went through "nesting". I was just getting ready for a baby, i don't think that's instinctual...i think it's common sense.

But, my sister says the two times she was pregnant, she couldn't stop cleaning. Even if she didn't want to, she felt like she HAD to. So, I'm guessing that some people do go into some kind of nesting mode, but not all.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I went through it with my first, but I was too exhausted with the twins.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Def. Real! I was horrible with my first! I had the nursery set up 2 months before she was born and scrubbed the entire house everyday for a month before she came. With my second I wasn't as bad...I realized that nothing stays perfect, but I still had about a month of preparing everything like cooking dinners for a week and freezing them, setting up the crib, and figuring out what clothes to keep from my first and what I needed to buy for the new one.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I went through it with my second child. I couldn't stop cleaning, I had this spark in my mind like OCD that everything must be clean, or I felt uneasy, anxious, and couldn't relax.

12 months and 2 weeks later.... I'm still nesting lol. I don't want the nesting to go away though... I'm loving my extreme cleanliness. :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010