play doh

Okay, so I want to make the kids some homemade play-doh and I have looked online and got several recipes for it. My question is which one is the best? The kind you cook? The kind you don't? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance.

mommyoftwins213

Asked by mommyoftwins213 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Salt dough lasts longer than the uncooked play dough, has a better texture, holds color (won't leach it out onto little hands or clothes), and lasts longer.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• The kind you cook is better. The salt dough is really hard on hands and surfaces.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• When I was a kid my grandma always made play dough- the kind you cook on the stove top though. It was really good and lasted a good amount of time in a tightly closed container :) Good luck!
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 1:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We always made the kind with kool-aid, but we never kept it for extended amounts of time.

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• koolaid playdoh! you can do it in the micro and it can last a few mo
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• the kind you cook .. but you have to keep it sealed in something like the play dough you buy!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010