When am I due (I am either 30wks or 35 now) Dr.'s are dumb!

The Dr. says 3 March.

The Ultrasound tech says 25 January.

I had my period 22 April.

Which means I should have conceived on the 6th of May.

We found out on 22 June that we were pregnant. We went into the Dr.'s a couple days later, and they said I was 4 weeks pregnant.

I had 25 January picked out for my due date, based off the ^^^ calculations. The Dr. claimed 3 Mar was the due date.

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 1:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would go off of your LMP which would be Jan.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Go with when your last period was
    How is your doctor getting those calculations when your missed period and the ultrasound have pretty much the same date
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'd bet on the 6th of February, frankly. March 3 would be 10 months pregnant, which is a little unlikely.

Your 'due date' should be expressed as 'anytime from 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after' just because of the range of women's cycles, and how long or short you might have pregnant when your period was due. If you ovulated early in your cycle (some women ovulate during their bleed) you have been pregnant the 29th of April... and if you ovulated very late, you might not have been pregnant until the 15 or 18th of May.

It matters if you're being induced a week early, and end up with a baby who's 5 weeks premature, with premature lungs and brain damage.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• The 1st ultrasound was done when the baby was a bean, and the dr. didn't measure on/with a great machine!!! (<< This one was on base)
    This ultrasound yesterday was done 2D, and then a 3D/4D. Both had the same date of 25 Jan! (This one was off base at an Institute of Ultrasounds)
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would go by the ultrasound tech. By my Dr, and LMP, I was due on October 31. The ultrasound said I was due September 2. I ended up going into labor September 11, with a fully developed, healthy baby girl.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• that dr sounds like a moron. I would be quite concerned when u r in labor. can u get another or are u stuck on base?
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'm stuck on base, but just because I see this one dr doesn't mean he will be on call the night I go into L&D...
    There are about 6 other Dr.'s on call...
    ^^That's the bad thing about going on base!
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• This---I would go off of your LMP which would be Jan.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Going from April 22nd, 40 weeks would make your due date January 27th. So, considering that you could deliver a few days early or late and ultrasounds measure and estimate the size/weight/growth of baby I'ld go by the ultrasounds estimate of due date, January 25th.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If he thinks your due in March you wont have to worry about him trying to induce you for being over due because you will surely have that baby before March according to your last period!
    Anonymous