?? BOUT NIPPLE RINGS & BREASTFEDING

CAN I STILL BREAST FEED WITH A NIPPLE RING? IF NO DO I NEED TO TAKE IT OUT NOW SO IT CAN CLOSE UP ? IVE HAD IT IN FOR ALMOST 4YRS.

lala91172

Asked by lala91172 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you would want to take it out at least while baby nurses so that there is no chance of swallowing it.
    Anonymous

• I AGREE WITH ANON!!!
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I was wondering the same thing cuz I have barbells in. I'm asking at my appt tomorrow to find out how soon I need to take them out to breastfeed.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 8:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I took mine out right before I had the baby, and didn't put it back in at all while I was breastfeeding. I didn't want the baby exposed to the extra bacteria that lurks on them. My left closed up but I can still get a ring through my right nipple. Doesn't really matter anymore...after having my kids having pierced nipples wasn't that important to me anymore, you know?
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I took mine out early in PG, since I had them done not long before becomng PG. I did not want anything "healing" while PG, unneccessary risk for infection. Left side closed completely. Right side "could" be re-inserted, but I have no inclination as of yet. I am nursing still (going on 2 yrs!). I call the right side "the sprinkler", cause milk comes out the piercing holes too. :)
    ColormeGarnet

Answer by ColormeGarnet at 9:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2008