When I work 13 hour days I get tired around 5 what are some good methods besides caffeine to stay awake for the last part of my shift?

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 1:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• stretching. it gets the blood flowing
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Vitamins... B12 is a great one
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Caffiene will make you crash- so will sugar. Water, stretching and b-12 seem to help most without negative side effects.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 2:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• thanks you guys I will try this tomorrow!!
    ChanQ

Comment by ChanQ (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you are pregnant and working 13 hour shifts you might consider requesting an extra or longer break during your shift. If it isn't something you think will go over well, you might ask your doctor to write you a note saying you need it. During my twin pregnancy I took an extra half hour on my lunch break so I could rest, and it really did help. My employer was glad to allow it because they realized I might end up completely out on bedrest if I didn't take care of myself, and that would have been a much bigger inconvenience for them.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• get some fresh air, chew gum or even a hard piece of candy, upbeat music, take a break and take to coworkers or even a potty break and fresh water on face to wake up.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010