Male dog pees on himself

My one year old Coton de Tulear (small white dog) always pees on himself. He squats to pee. His stomach is always yellow. It's really gross. What can I do?

mompam

Asked by mompam at 1:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pets

• A lot of male dogs squat to pee. He will eventually lift his leg. Make sure the hair around his penis is trimmed short, for sanitary purposes, it'll avoid him getting pee on his belly. We had that problem with our male. He'd get pee on his belly and the hair would become crusty. It was just disgusting. Once we finally got him groomed it stopped that.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree with keeping the hair on his "sheath" trimmed. That's what I've always done with mine. I WISH he would learn to lift his leg though because he always steps right in his pee! He is almost 3 and we had him neutered before he learned to lift so I don't hold out hope of him EVER learning! lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010