DH and I just got the best Christmas present ever!

So anyone who has been following my posts knows that we have been fighting with my stepdaughters birth mom to follow the court order set forth almost two years ago in re: to holidays. It says that we are to be allowed equal holiday break time, Christmas Day starting at 10am and New Years (New Years alternates every year but the other two are the same every year) BM was refusing to follow the order, we offered 5 diff. options as to how to go about getting to see DD over the holidays and none of the solutions were acceptable to BM. She demanded that we instead have her for 3 non consecutive days out of the entire 14 day holiday break (there is 8 hrs on the road associated with each round trip)

We went to court on Tuesday and the order just came through this morning:

DD will be spending Christmas Day from 10am until New Years Day at 10am with her Daddy and me!!!! Also, all costs *as we are struggling financially and we tried numerous times to settle outside of court* all costs associated with this hearing are to be paid in full by BM!!!! AND! If she doesn't follow this order for any reason she will be placed in contempt of court and penalized by fine, jail time, and/or altered visitation!!!!

Thank you for all of your prayers! Have a Merry Christmas!

The McGuinness Family

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 1:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• clapping Yay! That is so exciting!! Congrats to you and you DH Ness!!

TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• That's awesome!! I sure wish we could get something like this done with my step-children. Their BM is absoltuely HORRIBLE! She's a true TERROR!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Congratulations. It's always a struggle to have to deal with this kind of situation at Holidays. My wish for everyone out ther with shared custody, is that everything go smoothly and without stress this Holiday season.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• shoutingCongrats!!!!! THAT is the best Christmas present...enjoy your time with her!!!

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• That's great! So glad you get to spend that time with your stepdaughter.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I haven't followed your story, but congratulations. It's a shame when custody arrangements can't work out the way they are supposed to. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Congrats!
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 2:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Congrats!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful time with her during the holidays.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Wonderful news! I am so happy for you all! Merry Christmas!!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• nativityCongratulations!! Have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year with your daughter!!

Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2010