Residency Requirements

Rahm Emanule should not be allowed to run for mayor of Chicago because he did not full fill the requirements that everybody else did. It would not be fair to anybody. I hope they drop him from the ballots. All the other candidates met the requirements. What do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you, OP. He shouldn't be allowed to be on the ballot. But knowing the machine here in Chicago, it will be "discovered" that he has a house or condo or apartment that he's been keeping up for residency purposes, and like magic, all will be forgiven, and he will be on the ballot with the rest of the candidates.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I got a vote down for telling the truth...AWESOME!

I did not say whether or not *I* personally believe Obama is a natural born citizen. I simply said that you MUST be one in order to become president and Obama has NEVER proven that he was a natural born citzen. That is a fact.

Personally I think if he's got nothing to hide he wouldn't be hiding it but that's niether here nor there....the fact is he NEVER produced a REALY, TRUE birth certificate and then he had his records sealed in Hawaii.
    Anonymous

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No he shouldn't but do really think they would rule against him? In Chicago???
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Actually the president has to be a natural born citzen and he has NEVER proven that either way. He has never shown a TRUE birth certificate.
    Anonymous

• I agree. We had a guy run for senate here(WV) despite the fact he lived in FLorida. He lost thankfully. Their declared residence was florida.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Sounds like Chicago business as usual. I'm sure the president can show him a thing or two about getting around laws and constitution...he's awfully good at it.
    Anonymous

• Old news, it was reported earlier today that they did in fact decide he WAS a resident and can be on the ballot. Why am I not surprised one little bit?

http://www.suntimes.com/3002497-417/emanuel-morris-chicago-election-board.html
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• LOL...When you are part and partial to the corrupt political machine that is Chicago, you are NEVER held accountable--and if you are it's always "watered down." But apparently that's how the citizens of that city prefer to keep things.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• What proof is needed to show that he lives there? Active utilities? That's doable. Witnesses to account for his coming and going from the house? Easily found. Whatever is needed can be provided by the machine if they want him in office badly enough. That's the rotten way of things. That is what has to be busted. Somehow.

Now, please understand, OP, I agree with you. He should not be on the ballot. He should never have been allowed to be considered to be on the ballot. But they aren't going to be able to throw him off for residency requirements. I think they (the 'they' that want him in office) have found a way to seal that loophole up. The voters are going to have to be smart enough to not vote for him.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010