Any one here very emotional?

My g/f is so freaking emotional. She left her shopping bag at a coffee place in the mall (mind you the gifts were $10) and she started crying. We called up they were holding it behind the counter.
She was crying when my son came home from college and smiled at her. OY! What is with this? She is in her 60's. Any one here like this tell me how to deal with her. Or tell me how or why you get like this?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• There must be some other stress in her life that she is basically living on the edge all day long and one little thing will make her burst into tears. I've gotten like that, but avoid it in public. I wouldn't be crying at the coffee place, but the next morning in the shower when the hot water hit me I might burst into tears and not realize that it is because I've been uptight since it happened and didn't let it out. Yep, I'm the one who looks like the woman of steel while all H is breaking loose, but hours later when I'm alone, look out!
    What can you do about it? Well other than talking to her, I can't think of a thing. If you do talk to her you will probably get more waterworks. That would be good for her, but probably not fun for you. Don't do it at the coffee place.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Holidays overall are very stressful in general I think. They are not pleasant and I dont find them that way. Sorry!!!! It will subside and if it doesnt and she is like that the rest of the year when the holidays arent around. Then i would suggest she sek professional help
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 2:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I am over emotional and sensitive all the time and I am only 30!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• nope
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 3:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, it is a very emotional time of year. People think of how Christmases were in the past, etc. Plus some people have depression in the winter months. And there could be something going on that you don't know about. Hugs are in order or a welcoming cup of tea with you, plus an invitation to talk. Best wishes!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• im very emotional but im pregnant so its the hormones! maybe its just the holiday season for her
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2010