Do you "regift" an item?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• At timesI have yes
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I do. I keep anything I know I don't want in the box, unopened. I actually have a few things from different times and then when I need a gift for someone, there I go to my closet and give them to someone who could use it or like it more than myself.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes! But until I give it away I put a small tag on it reminding me who gave it to me--so I don;t accidentally give it back to them! LOL :o)

After my husband and I got married, I did "regift" for the first few years--I had SO MUCH Lenox and Waterford pieces, I knew I would NEVER use so I gave them away. They were very nice pieces!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, if i get something I know i will not use, but it will be perfect or useful for someone else.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Our family on my side does a white elephant gift, so if i get something from the hubbys side that I wouldnt use since they dont know me as well as mine does, i take it to our white elephant gift exchange.
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 6:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Funny, you should ask that... I was just talking to my caregiver about that very subject today. We always have a white elephant gift giving party. We also have gifts for Bunco each month. It makes for a wonderful chance to bless someone with something you know you can't wear, like, or need. Of course, I have friends who say, if I need to pass it on I have their permission. Since we live in a community of poverity and neither one of us is working, it helps.... Merry Christmas!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 1:55 AM on Dec. 25, 2010