Was it sick of me?????

My mom just died and I took a picture of her in the coffin. Was that sick or was that OK?????? I am so troubled over what I did.....I have not told a soul, until now......I just had to capture her for eternity. One last picture. Now the picture of her in death haunts me.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it is sick.

different people have different beliefs though so some may think it was odd.

myself, well I think I would want a different photo to remember her by and not that one. KWIM?

but definitely not sick!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• my MIL mom took pictures of her moms funeral. I had thought about it with my husbands parents. But it just felt wrong. I have heard of people hiring photographers for funerals.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Dont' worry. Others may think it's odd, but you were/are grieving, and everyone does so differently.
    I hope you get some peace!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It's not sick. I've seen many family memebers take pictures of other family memebers at death. My mom has a picture of her first child in his coffin. He passed when he was just days old. If it's the picture that haunts you, try to find a ceremonious way to rid of it.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 8:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No it's not sick, my mommy just passed away last February, she wanted to be cremated and I couldn't even bring myself to go to the funeral home to take a look at her and tell her goodbye. We all react differently when those that we love pass away. You are not sick for doing so, please don't think that! Hugs
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No it's not sick. More common than most folks think.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm so sorry about your mother passing, HUGS
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Nope, I sometimes wish I would have done that when my mom passed away at home. She didn't look dead but simply asleep. She had this beauty in her face like she was no longer suffering and that's how I like to remember her. I'm sorry about your mother passing and if pictures help you cope, so be it. It is painful. I've been there. :'-(
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No. We've taken pictures at funerals for generations in my family.
    It's ok.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 9:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No...its not sick......My family takes pictures of the passed on as well,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008