As we were growing up my parents did alot of " outtings".........................

Looking back at it as an adult I now see that the majority of it was for my father, who liked to travel, but really did not like to work. My mother worked like a dog the majority of her whole life, while I feel he did what he liked to do ( and not much of what he didnt) Now he says that was all for us kids etc etc. Some of the things were but alot of it I hate to say it is like someone telling me they pooped their pants ( I REALLY COULD HAVE LIVED WITHOUT THAT) how do you explain that in a politically correct manner(to myather what I feel)  or should i even bother? I know its a bold faced lie. Furthermore the biggest and most expensive trips my mother never went on. He ( my father) went alone just taking one of us kids.

NE1outthere

Asked by NE1outthere at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Why does he bring it up? What does he hope to gain? Does he want to make you feel guilty or make himself feel better? Does he just want to argue about it or prove a point? He may be trying to convince himself or prove to you that he didn't do anything wrong. Unless you are ready to argue about it, it might be best to just ignore it and change the subject.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• who are you explaining it to? i'm confused.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I am asking a question about how I should handle it when he says this stuff or if I should not even bother. I dont like someone to satnd and tell a bold face lie without saying something in return. I dont care who it is. Read the whole question that part IS in there
    NE1outthere

Comment by NE1outthere (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Let it go. Remeber that you too are a parent and one day the way you remember certain events may differ from the way your children view them. I have a lot of those kind of differences with my parents but when I started having children I relized that my parents did their best and and I hope my children relize that of me too and forgive whatever misunderstandings come up along the way.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 2:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have a hard time with that as well. The last time it happened I just said something to the effect of 'that's not true so let's not play that game ok?' I absolutely hate being lied to, doesn't matter who it is. I've called out a relative on a ridiculous lie she told when ordinarily I would have let it go. She made such a huge production that I finally said it. The look on the face of her face was priceless because it turns out I wasn't the only one she was lying to and that person was in the room.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'm at the point where I will tell people how I feel. I try not to hurt feelings, but there comes a time when the truth needs to come out. This will help you get over it. The next time he brings it up, just simply say what you have said here. He may get offensive, but that's no surprise. He has had many years to talk himself into believing that he went on the those trips to make people happy. But I think it is time to just say your honest opinion. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Tween and Twin,
    I think its all of the above of what you said. When I make comments, just me, he tells me that I am half crazy and I was his first attempt at having kids. But now my sister who is the second oldest has also voiced her opinion so now its getting harder to deny, but you are soooo right. Its probably all of it
    NE1outthere

Comment by NE1outthere (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would just let it go if you can.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 7:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I still don't follow. Taking trips? Dad doing something that he really didn't like to do and slacking? Mom working all the time? I'm confused here.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I know how you feel. It's hard. Try to ignore it. I pretty much guarantee he won't respond well to an argument about it. He prob isn;t gonna go, oh ya you are right! I am lying! Sorry just being honest. Good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010