Have a problem with my cats...

My cats are 4 1/2 and 13 years old. They dont use the litter box anymore, and havent for years...
Here's the problem I am having...
Recently, BOTH of them have started pooping in the bathtub at night. We leave a sliding door open enough for them to go out... What gives? And NOW my chihuahua has started peeing in there too...
IDK why this started, and I am sick of bleaching my tub every morning...
Why have they suddenly decided to stop going outside?
We live in southern california, so its not snow... its been raining, but it started before that happened, and its rained before and we never had this problem... HELP!!!

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 3:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pets

• All i can tell ya is when my friend's cats started peeing in the bathtub, they took it to the Dr. & he told them the cat had bladder problems. The other anmals might just be peeing in there too to create drama over territory. Take your cats to the vet & see if they have either a bladder problem, or a kidney problem. If they cannot control their pee like they used to, then there is something wrong.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• wait you said pooping...are they peeing in there too?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Thank you! I am planning on taking them all in soon for their check ups... I hope they are all ok :(
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• where ARE they peeing if they haven't used the litter box in years? My cat stopped using the litter box 3 times- each time he had diarreha and thought the pain from that was caused by the ltiter box, was a bacteria infection all times..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I found this site for you!

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19767

Also, i forgot to mention that my friends who had the cat peeing in their shower, also had another cat. That cat ALSO started peeing in the shower, but she was OK. The vet said she did it because of a territory issue, so that might be the case for your other pets.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• They go outside to do their business.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Let me know what the doc says.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• ooh good luck, hope they are ok!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• That's no fun! Can you close the door to the bathroom at night? I guess they'd just find somewhere else to go. Either that, or I would try some new litter, put the catbox right in the tub for a week or so, then gradually move it out to where you really want it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• hey at least they are peeing in the shower and not your carpets at least you can turn the shower and wash it away,lol
    lilcalimom02

Answer by lilcalimom02 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2010