winter break--plans?

I'm thinking of doing 'pizza and a movie' one day (I managed to get 3 days off over winter break), the kids are going to grandmas 1 day and I imagine the new toys/video games will keep them entertained for a while as well. I am hoping the kids will sleep in over break (I'd like to get caught up on sleep!) but knowing them they will probably be up at the crack of dawn every day. (funny how on non-school days they get up, but on school days they want to sleep in). What are your plans for your kids over winter break?

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 3:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine are all teens and have swim team practice every morning. I think we're going to the movies one day, then to see the lights at a place near here, and maybe shopping one day. They'll probably want to have friends over a day or two, too.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I may take the kids to VA to visit family, but really were just going to be cleaning out old clothes, toys, and junk. We need to make room for want santa's bringing
    eyezofblue76

Answer by eyezofblue76 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• get over being sick and salvage what I can that I haven't done cause I have been sick.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 3:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Going to the mountains after Christmas for vacation.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We have a few play dates scheduled--one gonig to the pool, a family Christmas event, movie with the fam,,,,
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I plan on keeping my son (and the 4 kids I am watching) VERY busy..... zoo, library story times (3 different times), I live in Ohio and I found some wonderful snow games that I can't wait to play.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Clean old apartment and finish unpacking the new place. I'll probably spend some time at the Library, my son loves books. I'll also finish up daycare paperwork. Hopefully we'll get some snow so he can play in it. Probably take a few walks to explore the new neighborhood.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 5:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2010