When so you take down your Christmas tree?

Normally we put ours up the weekend before Thanksgiving since my husband had worked retail and after Thanksgiving I'd never see him so that was our time to do it together. As far as putting it down we would normally do it New Years but this year I took it down today. We aren't going to be home for Christmas and we've had our decorations up for a month now and I kinda want my home back.

This is so unusual for me as Christmas is my all-time favorite season and I just love everything about it.

Anyone else?

greensavvymama

Asked by greensavvymama at 3:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Wow, your is down already! I guess with going away, it does make sense. We will take ours down around probably the weekend after new years. Our township comes around and collects the trees to recycle them and they start that the week of Jan. 10th. So we will take it down right before so it isn't just at the curb for forever.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It goes up Thanksgiving weekend & comes down New Years Day
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• new years weekend
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We'll be taking it down Saturday afternoon. By the end of Christmas day, I'm sick of looking at it, so we get it all down.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• In my Family, We put Our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving and take it down after New Years.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have taken it down on the 26th before. Just depends on my work schedule and how motivated I am.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• the weekend after New Years, but this year it will probably be earlier since the weekend after New Years is like Jan 7th haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We cut and put ours up the first weekend in December, and take it down the first weekend in January.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• after new years
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• AFTER JANUARY 8TH BECAUSE THATS LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010