Am i wrong?

Ok my sons father is behind in cs and only talks to them once a week. Hasnt seen them in a year is more interested in whats going on in his life pretty much. Well he calls today to see them on christmas. Well we already made plans and told him it was kinda last minute to be asking now to see them. So i would drive down to were he was at in the next couple of weeks so he could meet me somewhere to see them. Well he got mad at me because i wouldnt go down there tomarrow its a hour drive. So am i in the wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• no,you're not wrong

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Hell no. If he wanted to see his kids he should have called a lot sooner then last minute. Tell him to catch on on CS then can see his kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Not even close. You've spent the last year slaving over your children and supporting him. He makes one phone call and expects you to JUMP!? Screw him. I'd tell him, "The hardest thing you've done all year is pick up the phone and you expect me to drive one hour for you to spend them with them? NO! If you want to see them, you drive and show that you're interested." And pretty much, that's the way it should work. If he had your kids, and if you wanted to see them, you'd drive out there. I sure as hell wouldn't expect someone to bring me my kids for me to visit, I'd be the one driving. You're not at all wrong.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Nope. He's the irresponsible one. He's the one that should have been planning Christmas with his kids weeks if not months ago if he cared that much. He can't plan? Maybe he will think of it next year.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No...not at all!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• supporting them** not him** Sorry.
    AtHomeMommy-3

• No, not at all!! Don't let him guilt you into thinking you are!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Child support has nothing to do with seeing the kids. Most courts will not revoke visitation if the non custodial parent is in arrears. (but if they end up in jail for failure to pay, that is a different matter).

BUT, he is still wrong. If there is not a regular schedule written down, he should have made arrangements sooner. I wouldn't worry about it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• no your not wrong but it is christmas he should come and see his son on chritmas not other way around
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Your right. Also why should he get Christmas when YOU do all the work of raising them?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010