To toast or not toast???...

Just in case any ladies out there debating.... Just a reminder that it's bad no matter what! ;)

http://www.pregnancy.org/article/pregnant-holidays-toast-or-not-toast

BobbieJo286

Asked by BobbieJo286 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• toast as in toasting bread or toast as I toast with my wine?

No I agree with you no pregnant women should drink regardless of what time of the year with it. Yes one little drink cn hurt the baby just because some women lucked out doesnt mean you should play Russian Roulette
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Have apple juice or apple cider!! No drinks that u know u should not have. That means anything u pick up in the beer department is off limits!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• mommy_of_two388 - I have known women in the past who thought it was ok to have wine even saw a girl ask on here.. Just was putting a friendly reminder for women who may be thinking about it.. cha know? ;)
    BobbieJo286

Comment by BobbieJo286 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It makes me sick when women play with their baby's health because they are to selfish to wait.
    It says do not drink if you're pregnant or nursing on the bottles yet women ignore it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• While I don't think a sip or two of wine as a toast is hardly considered 'drinking' There are some fabulous non-alcoholic beverages available!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• As someone who is allergic to wine, I say use something other than wine... However, I had a doctor that encouraged a glass of wine a week while pregnant because it helps with blood flow and heart development... And I actually was told this weekend by my lactation consultant that I should drink one or two beer a week to help with milk production. (I had my baby last Friday)... At the same time I would never encourage anyone to drink excessive amounts of alcohol - pregnant, nursing or not - One glass of wine, one beer, one drink with dinner isn't going to hurt you or your baby. BUT, one drink a day, or multiple drinks in a day can and does lead to harm, not only to your baby but to you - so why not just buy sparkling cider or alcohol free wine?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I didn't even buy alcohol for any reason while pregnant. I felt very odd even going into the store with my belly. =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Sparkling Cider is nice. You get the same bubblie minus the alcohol. They have all kinds of flavors.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 6:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010