Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paper for cookie boxes... (kinda dumb question)

I am making alot of goodies to put into Tin Cookie Boxes....
I am trying to find the paper that goes inside them (u usually sit the cookies on top of them & then a few over it before closing the tin)...
Is it just your normal Tissue paper that you would stick in a Gift bag?
Or is there special paper to buy? And where do you get it at?


Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Yepp. It is. I mean, it's not going to hurt your cookies/baked goods. It's not going to stick to them if you make sure all of the goodies are fully cool.

    Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • Parchment paper would also work. It's not quite as ugly as wax paper. You can cut it to fit the shape of your tins. I've received goodies wrapped in regular tissue paper too, but if your goodies have much oil or butter it gets greasy spots on it.

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • You can use waxed paper for it or just colorful tissue paper. The tissue paper would look better though.

    Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • ya. i thought wax since its "food safe".. but its ugly.. i know there is pretty stuff put in tin all the time.. just didnt know it was your "normal" tissue paper..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • I second the parchment paper... I love parchment paper for so many things!!

    Answer by But_Mommie at 4:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • Parchment paper or wax paper is what I use.

    Answer by Akimcole at 5:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • parchment paper works! If you want to get fancy, they have doillies in Christmas patterns if you can find them or just plain. You can check your local arts and crafts store.

    Answer by yldflwr at 6:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • Are you thinking of paper doilies?! They're round with a lace edge and come in a variety of diameters. You can get them at most larger supermarkets--in the gift wrapping/card section.

    I go to a baker's supply store near where I live, where I can buy "candy sheets" like you would fidn between layers of boxed chocolates, but doilies will work well. You could also cut pieces of cardboard that will fit inside your tins, and wrap with tin foil and colored cello paper or leftover gift wrap paper.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 6:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

  • You can also used colored saran wrap or doilies for it. Make your own out of wrapping paper. Merry Christmas and enjoy your loved ones while you still can...


    Answer by WalknWithGod at 1:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2010