Does anyone know very much about hpts? please help asap!!!!

I took a pregnancy test on tuesday and it was positive. It was with my first morning urine and it was a couple days before my period was due. My period is due today (DEC 23) I went to Planned Parenthood a few hours after my test on tues and their test was negative. I drank a whole bunch of water tuesday afternoon and tested later that evening, my urine was very hydrated, and got a negative result. I tested the next morning after only like four hours after the last test and it was still negative, and urine was still clear like when your really hydrated. Then this morning i tested, at like 3 in the morning i peed last at like midnight, and it was negative. does this mean i am not pregnant or am i testing to much with out enough time to let the hormone build up in my urine. was the very first test a false negative???? Am i just going crazy? I am very tired, my boobs hurt, i go through these spells where i feel like i am going to puke, i burp up a little vomit, my lower back is a little painful. whats going on with me please help!!

Henrys_baby

Asked by Henrys_baby at 3:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could go to your doctor and get a blood test or just wait a week and test again. I think a false positive is fairly rare. It is more likely to get a false negative. The hormone is the strongest in the morning. what tests are you using?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Screw the tests. Go get a blood test at your doctors. After frequenting these mommy websites for years I've learned that home pregnancy tests can be a pain in the ***. There are also chemical pregnancies that occur which would give you a positive one day, and negatives the next try.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• the positive came from a clear blue the negatives came from those walmart ones....could it be that i just didnt wait long enough after peeing to let the hormone build up in my urine. I mean since my period wasnt due until today, could it be that the test i was using didnt pick up on the lower hormone yet. Is it still kind of early to test? I dont have insurance so i have to go to planned parenthood. i just want to know if it is possible i could still be pregnant or am i just wasting my time?????
    Henrys_baby

Comment by Henrys_baby (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would honestly just give it a week and take one again. All things are possible. You may not have let enough urine build up, it may be too early, or it may really be negative. There is no way too know until you have missed a period and you take a test first thing in the morning.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• You should wait a week before testing again and if it is still negative and you still have not had a period then you need to make an appointment to have a blood test done. Good luck
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Sounds like you are testing too much. Wait atleast 8-10 hours (sleeping) and test first thing in the morning. Allow the hormones plenty of time to build up in your urine.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I used to stress so much about being pregnant that I would make my period late. Your other symptoms may just be coincidental. Try waiting a few days and test only in the first morning pee. You might be one of those people that it doesn't show up early in your urine.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2010