question about swingsets

do you have wood or metal? if store-bought, where did you get it?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a metal one, I do not know where it came from since my papa bought it. I think It might have come from a garge sale.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 4:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• ours is wooden..its cemented into the ground..it came with the house..but..i think it was a homemade one..all it is is 3 swings
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We have a vinyl swingset. It was more expensive, but we don'thave to worry about rust or splinters. We bought it from a local company that specializes in lawn furniture.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Metal. We got it at ToysRUs for my daughter's second birthday.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We started out with a metal swingset when my daughter was 2. It rusted and fell apart BEFORE she was 4. We live on the coast, so that may have helped contribute to its demise. So then we got a wooden one from Wal-Mart. It probably cost around $350 (so barely more than the metal one) and we have had it for 4 years with no issue. We do have to treat the wood each spring, but other than that it's holding up good.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We have a solid wood forte swingset combo that my husband built from scratch with plans purchased from Detailed Play Systems. That thing is as strong as our home and has weathered some serious storms! :o)

Plans plus lumber and plastic accessories--slide, swings, rock climbing wall, handles, bumpers, tire swing, canopy, and sandbox cover cost about $1000--5 1/2 years ago.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010