DD has been in the tub playing for like over an hour. lol Should I make her get out?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let her have some fun. Make sure that she is warm enough and moisturize when she gets out.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Tub time is fun, but an hour is long enough. Make sure you put a little baby oil in the water if she's going to be in that long because dry skin is not fun!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I dont see why people say the water is bad...my dd swims for more than an hour and that water has chlorine. I think playing in water is fine just warm it back up. I would lay on the rug and read a novel if I were you..enjoy the time she is content!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No, let her enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Nope. If the water gets cold, refill the tub. It gives you time to do other things and she's having fun and keeping to herself for a while. Mine just got out actually. He had fun too!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• lol kids and the tub...oye! DS never wants to get out. But yeah an hour is long enough. The water is probably cold by now and her skin most likely resembles a raisin if you used bubble bath it's npt good to sit in it too long because she could get a rash
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• probbaly a lotof time in the water is bad for the skin especally in winter, but if it makes the kid happy. I have left mine in for an hour before
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 4:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• She usually begs to get out after 5.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• lol, my daughter has always been the same way, she spends 45minutes to over an hour every time she has a bath!! which is why i really only let her have quick showers now..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would warm that water up and let her play!! Why not? If she isnt making a mess and she is happy letter go!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010