going to church

do you think thr reason a lot of Christians do not go to church is because they sleep to late? or they are to lazy to get ready and all the family ready?
What do you think is the main reason Christians do not attend church but are Christians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• the devil. doesn't that sound strange, the devil? the devil makes saturday night so much fun we cannot get up on sunday. the devil makes children misbehave and families fight more on sunday mornings than any other day of the week. the devil keeps america segregated more on sunday morning than any other time of the week.the devil makes you tell yourself, you don't really have to go that one sunday. it starts with little things like that, and then he destroys the family, and then the community, and then a larger state, and eventually a nation. sounds crazy, but it is true.
    i do not blame people, i blame the devil for keeping christians out of church.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm a Christian and do not go to church by CHOICE

I am highly offended by your statement of it's because we sleep late or are lazy. Way to go on being judgmental!

Matthew 6:5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

IMHO Churches are full of hypocrites. I've also experienced it. They go to church only so that others may see them at church. It becomes a contest of who can say the most Amens during service, who's dressed nicest, who prays the most.

I am fully capable of honoring God and learning about my religion from my home. I do not need a room full of people to tell me how religious/spiritual I am.
    Anonymous

• I can't speak for myself, but I know that my parents consider themselves Christian and do not attend church. They used to go when I was a child, but the minister changed and they did not like the 'style' of sermons of the new minister- he was more of a fire and brimstone guy and my parents were not that way. I guess they could have shopped around for another church but for whatever reason decided not to. I can tell you for sure it's not because they are lazy or sleeping in... my mom is up at the crack of dawn for no apparent reason!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have many reasons that I do not attend church is that (1) I am too lazy to get around in time. (2) I have not motivation because I do not fully agree with what the church teaches. I will spare you my soap box, but those are my reasons.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• :) at least you're honest vbongard :) LOL

I also do not fully agree with any denomination which makes "going to church" difficult.
    Anonymous

• I don't go to church Sunday mornings because my husband works Sunday mornings. Attending church, IMO, is a family event to be shared. We have tried some Saturday and Wednesday night services at other churches and didn't care for them. We are just praying now for DH to get Sundays off so we can start going again.

Some people have legit excuses. Instead of church on Sundays, we do Bible study every Thursday.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I go to church (non Christian) because I love it. There is no sense in going if you don't like it, and I'm sure it's hard to get the kids up and ready. (I go alone.. hehehe ...) But it is my opinion that you are not a  better  person if you go to church and hate it, than someone who hates church but is a good person. You don't get into heaven cause your card was punched every Sunday morning, kwim?

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 9:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yea, plain and simple laziness was my excuse when I wasn't going to church.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• hinson....that was tough to read. I hard a hard time understanding what you were saying.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• we don't always make it to services. however, on the flipside, the scriptures tell us to 'not forsake the assembling of ourselves (fellow christians)'--it doesn't necessarily say this assembly has to be in a church building, but rather IMO its the fellowship of other christians that is necessary for the building up and fortification of the body;also, to strenghten your own committment and faith, and to be a part of something (body of believers) that will hold you accountable and be a rock to stand on. no man is an island, and we all need nurturing by those who believe the same. some do home bible studies, some attend regular services, some do it all. i find it hard to be a strong christian without any fellowship, outside your own family. who knows? maybe the person who needs to see christ is another believer, and they might be needing to see you in church/bible studies.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008