moving to Fort Knox

My family and I are moving to Fort Knox, Kentucky on the 11th of January and are taking a 45 day leave before my husband is due there. My husband just decided that he wants to fly the girls and I to Michigan while he flys someone else to Washington to drive back with him because he thinks it will be cheaper and easier on him. I am so upset over this. I don't see how its going to be any cheaper! And does he really think its going to be easier on me? I am going to have to do this on my own with 2 babies along with traveling bags and carseats and a stroller! He won't budge and I am really upset over this! What should I do?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Travel

• I'm lost. How does flying you to Michigan get you to Ft. Knox? Other than that the whole plan doesn't make sense. In fact, it smells a little fishy to me. Do you know WHO the mystery person he wants to fly in to 'help' him is?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well, he gets a 45 day leave (he's in the army) and we are visiting family first. We are not due to actually report to Fort Knox until mid feb. I'm not sure who he is trying to get to drive with him. His mom told him it didn't make sense either, but he is just not listening.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Sorry but I agree with him. If it makes you feel any better Ky is an amazing place. I grew up there and wish I was back there. I'd love to be going to the Fort Knox area.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2010