Holiday Blues?

Do you get the holiday blues?

I've got them pretty bad this year; it's almost depressing.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 4:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I feel really bad this year also. I just don't know why either I really never got all finished decorating, I usally have everything wrapped by now I feel bad we have no where to go. I just need to snap out of this depression that I am in or something. Somehow next year I am going to work on something different. I wonder if it's not all the stuff people want out of you and it drags a person down.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I usually get them the day after xmas,the let down of all,many people get the blues at the holidays.wishing you a happy holiday and new year!
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 4:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'm with you, Tam. I'm just in a funk and am having more trouble putting on the happy face for everyone. And it's my first Christmas with a baby! You would think I'd be over the moon.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• a little bit. my family is far away and SO's family is nearby but no one is getting together this year. I'm bummed but I'm very happy me, SO, DS and my cat will at least be together. I have been blessed with a job, we all have our health and it'll be a nice mellow holiday :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I feel pretty down too. It's all the unrealistic expectations I think. Things just won't ever be like they were when I was a kid. The family is falling apart and Christmas is more of a hassle and an obligation than anything. I never thought I would feel like this about Christmas. Next year I'm gonna make it better...some way...some how!!!!!!
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'm trying to climb out of the blues and focus on what's really important, but I've fallen into the "everyone needs a gift" trap right along with, not everything I wanted done is done yet. I'm going to prepare early next year, I promise (I. Hope.)
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I sorry. put on some christmas music.
    watch some christmas movies with some
    friends
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• YES, I always get them this time of year!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Hey, that's what I do! I start buying right after Christmas! Its a lot of fun. But this year we're so sad we didn't get our tree put up. My sister passed four weeks ago and a close friend of 16yrs passed a week ago. While our Pastor almost died last night... Been a hard two months... we know next year will be better.... but for now... I miss my sister so much. She was like my twin and my best female friend and the only one who'd stay up with me til 4:30am! But I know she's having her first Christmas in heaven with our dad and Jesus Christ. She not in pain and I don't have to worry about anyone ever hurting her again.... Merry Christmas and enjoy those you love while you can
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 1:31 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Vix - Yours could be coupled with PPD. I had PPD with my daughter (she's 4 now) and had counseling, though it didn't help much. I'm still feeling it. It's hard to put on a happy face for everyone when you really aren't feeling it.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010