Can someone help me with finding a job for my seventeen year old daughter?

Job
Daughter

snootie5

Asked by snootie5 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• Isn't she old enough to work most places? If so, that should be her responsibility to get a job. If she just won't and your paying for everything, you might just have to tell her what she if responsible for paying and what you'll cover. We did that with my 15 year old. He knows what to expect and mows grass to cover whatever else he wants to purchase.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• She could get a job at almost ANY store or fast food place...
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• You only need to be at least 13 to do cashcrate. http://cashcrate.com/237838
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 7:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• when I was a teenager I loved shopping at the mall so any store in the mall that she likes will be good, she'll probably get discounts which she'll love and she'll get to see all her friends.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 8:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I'm not trying to be rude, but why are YOU looking for her job? She's a big girl, she needs to be out there pounding the pavement looking for her own job. When I was a teen, I bussed tables at a pizza restaurant until I graduated.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I agree with slw123. I think she should be the one looking, not you. I own a small store and when moms or dads come in with the kids or if the kids come in groups,i will not hire them. If they can't loook for themselves, then they are not ready to work for themselves either. the funniest application I recieved was from a teenager who wrote in the section where it asks you to list your special qualifications "I can and will do as I am told". Yeah, did mom tell them to write that, BAD ANSWER! Not hired. They also need to dress approprietly, no holey jeans and radical tshirts.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 2:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008