this might be a stupid questions but both my kids have always been on liquid formula but my daughter has to be on powder so I have a few questions!

She is 5 months old, she really doesn't like the powder but she will eat it a little better if I make sure it is warmed. Anyway
how long is it good after mixed?

she drinks 7 oz bottles is it ok to use 1/2 scoops when measuring?

when i shake it to mix it bubbles, do I wait till the bubbles are gone b4 I feed her?

if you have any other advice please give me. I have never used powder and I don't like it but she has had loose stool since we have switched so the doctor wants to try the powder to see if it firms up.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always warmed the formula. I used the directions on the packaging for measurements without variation. You can make more than one bottle at a time for about a days' worth (I'd make fresh for a new day). The bubbles will move away from the nipple when you tip the bottle so they can stay. Good luck Momma!
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Make sure the bubbles gone before feeding you don't want to give her gas. You should be able use 1/2 scoop. Unrefridgerated for 2hrs. refridgerated for 24hrs. Warm water up then add powder(my ds took it better like that and it mix well also.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I bought the dr.browns formula mixing pitcher from babier R Us for $15. I make up all my sons bottles for the day every morning. This pitcher mixes the formula without making bubbles. Once formula is mixed it is good for 24 hours, once you warm it it is good for 1 hour.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think after it's mixed, it's about the same as the pre-mixed stuff. I love the convenience of the powder... going places is SO easy with it - I take bottles with water in them and the container with it measured out in 3 little compartments - then I just pour it in - shake it up and we're all set. I typically don't warm bottles but the baby we have now was given warmed formula for her first 7 1/2 months so we do warm hers - it's a little less convenient but she likes it :)

The bubbles do go away when you tip the bottle - just make sure to really shake it up well - some formulas don't mix as easily as others.

Good luck!!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• here is the link to the formula mixing pitcher
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3247691
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Here in England most of the formulas has 1 scoop/oz measuring. You can keep the bottle for 2 hours. After it is not good. You can buy bottles where you can put the water and the formula in separately so when you go out and want to use, you just have to shake them together.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2010