what is your fav ?

What works best for your skin? I have very dry itchy skin. I'm 49 so I think this has something to do with it. What works for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use Curel. The dermatologist had us change to Dove for washing as well.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I use Olay quench. I have the body wash as well as the lotion and it works great for me!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I've tried everything. So far the one cream that works for me is Clinique deep comfort body cream and hand lotion.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• For my body, I use Vaseline Clinical Strength...It makes even elbows baby soft...it is super pricey though. For my hands, I use Eucerine hand cream. That is super thick and works REALLY well.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Try taking fish oil and not taking piping hot showers (dries out your skin).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Fortunately, I can use any type of moisturizer on my face. Keep experimenting with moisturizers until you find the right one. There are plenty out there. Try some with natural ingredients. I've been using Mary Kay recently; it's expensive, but it's not greasy. The important thing is to moisturize every day. If your dryness and itchiness continues, maybe you should seek the advice of a dermatologist or visit one of these sites Healthy Skin TV: Skin Care and Beauty Video Tips From WebMD or Dawn Gallagher's Links.Subscription Help. Dawn is a personal friend of mind and she's written a book on natural beauty secrets as well.

rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm 46 and my skin tends to be on the dry side and I used to experience a lot of itching as a result. I have tried everything under the sun but it wasn't until I switched to Aubrey Organics Vegecol cleanser and starting using organic, hexane-free coconut oil as a moisturizer that all that went away. Most OTC products are filled with petrochemicals and parabens and all kinds of crap that have no business on your skin. Most moisturizers won't penetrate the skin because the molecules of the ingredients are too large; at first, you skin may seem smooth but as soon as the water from the product evaporates, you're left with the same problem skin. You're not actually moisturizing your skin, you covering it with (unnatural) emollients that may feel soft but are actually making the problem worse. I don't even have to moisturize most of the time anymore because my dry skin is now a thing of the past.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Lots of lotion. Smells good to.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• When my mom was in the nursing home, her skin was so dry and flaky it was like a gator. The cna asked me to get Olay Quench, and it worked great!
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I agree with Tasches.. take fish oil, vitamin E will help too :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2010