• In the Spotlight:

Is the Keurig coffee maker a good buy?

I worry that I will spend more on coffee then I do now. With all the little flavors you can buy, I could go crazy. Also I like to drink coffee frequently throughout the day. Not sure if this would be something for me or not, I guess I don't really get the concept of it maybe....

eyezofblue76

Asked by eyezofblue76 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we love it - but if you drink pots it will get very expensive.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• google it to read reviews.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I love mine. I usually jusy drink one cup in the morning. But sometimes in the winter I will want me a cup in the afternoon and all I have to do is pop a k-cup in and it is ready. My husband likes maxwell house so we bought a filter so it could make hin maxwell house and it fills his cup up with coffee grains, so he hates it.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 7:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• And as far as spending wise, I do spend more on coffee with this maker. You buy a box of 24 k-cups and it is usually around $10.00.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 7:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• The machine is very expensive and if you drink a lot of coffee I think it wouldn't be worth it.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you drink a lot of coffee you could invest in a K cup which allows you to put your own coffee in it and brew it that way. For me I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee, tea or hot chocolate a day so I see it as a good investment. When I buy it I am buying 1 package of tea, 1 of coffee and 1 of hot chocolate and that should last me just over a month and in between now and then I'll buy 1-2 packages when I grocery shop. That way I never run out and it doesn't break the bank.
    Anonymous

• i would never recomment the kruieg coffee maker to anyone. I spent over 100 dollars and hated it.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• no, even if you buy the Mr Coffee one that takes Keurig cups it will still set you back $80 on sale and a pack of 24 cups runs $20. I have Cuisinart thermal carafe coffee maker. I can make a full pot in the Am and even with it turned off by 5 Pm it is still steaming hot, I take it to work all the time and keep the pot on my desk.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My MIL likes it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think so. I really want one.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2010