I am changing my name from Mommy to something else and not tell the kids what it is...

I am so tired of hearing 'Mommy Mommy MOM-MAY!'

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• my mom used to tell me and my brother when we were little that she as going to change her name to a cuss work so we couldnt say it lol
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• LOL!! My 2 yo will do this thing where she sais "mommy" over an over again, even thought I am saying her name between each one. Finally she will tell me "Don't say Nori, say kiddo". It was cute the first time, but it gets old really fast.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have a t-shirt that says "who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom"
    eyezofblue76

Answer by eyezofblue76 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• When my kids say Mommy over and over and over again, I stop what I'm doing and I repeat their names over and over and over again until they get the picture. They usually end up giggling.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My mom used to tell me
    'My name is not Mommy. My name is Brenda. You aren't allowed to call me Brenda. SO don't call me anything at all!'

LMAO you made me think of that.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I tried changing my name, but it didn't work.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It won't make any difference!

Answer by older at 6:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• They will figure it anyway,lol
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I know right. And right now my kids can't call anyone except mommy. I am so excited that Daddy will be home soon. But my husband told my kids one day u guys better not call mommy one time. If I hear it u will deal with me. So the kids had to go to Daddy for everything. OMG the peace of not hearing it was a stress reliever in itself. After that day my husband told me, baby I'm sending u away for a few days to see ur sister. LOL. He was tired after one day. =-)
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I've threatened to do that before!! I used to babysit for my friend's six kids, and got sick of hearing "Mommy" and "Miss Beth" I told them I was going to change my name and not tell them what I changed it to.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010