Anyone have a child with Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum? I do now :(

Went to the dr in Orlando today for "low amniotic fliud" well we found out a whole lot more than that. found out baby has a birth defect in which the structure that connects the two hemispheres of the brain (the corpus collosum) is partially or completely absent... :*(

Since we found out its a GIRL!! its more common in girls, can have anything from mental retardation, to seizures, abnormalities in the vertebra of the spine, and lesions on the retina and so much more.. worse case scenareo we can lose the baby, before or after birth. of luck out and the baby have slight problems.

the did an Amneosentosis on me, so im just hanging out at home. my bf has been quiet since we got the news. taking it all in. we very worried. but its the chromosones , its nothing we did nor can control. we find out more about it in 14 days. this dr was amazing and so very nice. i wish i could have him mine. he also said the baby just a tad undersize. but the low fluid is least of his worries.... so Merry christmas to us huh?

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• hugsHugs to you and your SO. Im sorry to hear that :( I wish the best for you and your family!

TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• thank u. hugs are needed :/
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Hugs. Hoping and praying for the best scenario
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 6:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• hugsI'll be praying for you!

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• feel betterIts hard to see any light right now...But maybe she will be just what you and your family needs and will be a blessing in disguise...I say this knowing from personal experience having a dd with aspergers  :)   

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Sorry. Though my pregnancy news and thereafter wasn't this bad I had problems since he was 25 weeks in womb. He has a kidney problem which they still do not know what it is after so many tests and hell hes been through pricked and probed since a infant, he also may have cerebral palsy which is a big supprise since symptoms usually arise around their first birthday. I wish you all the luck and I can relate somewhat to your pain.hugs

Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• good luck to you and your family, i will be praying for all of you....try to remember, though, that god has given her to you for a reason, he knows you will love and take care of her. hugs, hugs, hugs
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• hugsso sorry that you are going through this!  Prayers and thoughts for the best going out to you!

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2010