My 7 week old has been fussy lately, nothing seems to help, this is very unlike him, he is usually very content. Does he have an earache? Just a bad day? I feel bad, he does not have a fever but it seems like something is wrong.

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 9:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the same way. If he crys harder when you try to lay him down, or seems to be pulling at his ears, it might be an ear infection. Does he get really fussy the same time every day? With Noelle, the pediatrician said babies all have a really fussy time of the day, even if they aren't colicky. Also, colic might be the problem. If he's crying for more than 3 hours a day, 3 days a week, for 3 weeks or more, it's colic. Try holding him with his back against you, one hand under his butt and fold his little legs up to his belly with your other hand. It will look like he's sitting on your arm, facing away from you. This hold did wonders with my daughter and niece.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My son was the same way!! I knew it wasn't colic because he wasn't screaming and it wasn't exactly constant it just seemed like he was irriated or uncomfortable. I never did figure out what it was, it only lasted a couple weeks. At about 10 weeks I was able to prop him up on pillows so he could look around and that kept him occupied. He's 14 weeks now and gets MAD! when I lay him down! He just wants to be up and entertained! Your baby just may be at that point where he's ready for more stimulation.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It could be because he has gas or that he is going through a growth spert.
    orion2008

Answer by orion2008 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2008