did you ever notice this about 16 and pregnant?

i don't follow it. i watch it whenever i'm surfing the channels and it's on. every episode i've seen the girl is always chemically induced, and i've seen quite a few episodes. why do you think this is??? i always though induction was a last resort....i know my doc office never did chemical inductions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• By chemical do you mean like pitocin? Maybe a 16 year old's body just doesn't know exactly how to ready itself for the arrival of the baby and needs help with the drugs? I don't know.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think its because these girls are young and really don't know what to expect.. All they know is what they've heard about how painful giving birth is so they want any and all drugs fast!
    eyezofblue76

Answer by eyezofblue76 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• just another choice of motherhood...
    depending on your drs and how needed it is...
    i was induced with my 3rd...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It is becoming more and more common to be induced 'for everyone's convenience' I am glad I went into labor with my first on my own. since I ended up with a C-section I am so glad I got to do something on my own!
    Also though when I was growing up on of my friends was 14 and pregnant. They induced her as soon as she hit 39 weeks because she was so young, her body was still growing and they wanted her done with pregnancy as soon as safely possible. This was of course 14 years ago though so thought in this manner may have changed...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• a lot of them are but i recall several episodes where the girls' water breaks or she starts having regular contractions. you must have just caught the ones where they're induced. and the ones that are induced, are either past their due date or having complications.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I was induced with my last two but both times the baby was very large and I was already almost a week past my due date. I have noticed it on the show though. IDK why they do it?
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 7:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My first was overdue and she was in the nicu for 14 days struggling to stay alive. Thank God, she made it through. My second was induced and c-section, didn't want to take a chance of another baby struggling to live.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• the episode i just watched the girl wwas induced at 37 weeks just so she could have the baby before the holidays. it was a small baby too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Maybe it's because of their maturity or mental health at the time. It is hard being pregnant I can't imagine my daughter being pregnant
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 11:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010