What can I do... 3 christmas gifts won't be here in time!!!!

I make calanders with my sons picture for his grandmothers and only 1 is ready and 3 won't be done until after christmas! Should I give the gift to the one grandmother that's gift is ready? Or should I just make up gifts for all and give them the calanders when they come in?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Make up something cutesy tootsey on the computer or by hand saying that these beautiful calendars are on order and as soon as they arrive, they will be gifted. Wrap the paper up or box them up fancy so they feel like they're opening up a gift!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree with Amy....sometimes gifts are delayed. I'm sure they'll understand and be looking forward to their gifts.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• make up something like a small gift basket and give them to them after christmas. maybe for new years...
    small gift basket with lotions n bath stuff or a coffee basket or a tea basket with a mug and some cookie ro something...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I was also going to give each of them a little homemade (w/ baby handprint) ornaments. Should I just give that to them and tell them their other gift will be in later soon?
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Just read your second post here.......yes, that is a great idea. Not to worry. These things happen all the time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Giving the hand imprints is great. Then give a gift box with a note stating another gift is to follow. Think of it... would you appreciate it? I know they'd apprecate anything you did because they love you! Being with you all is the most important gift you can give them. Well, that and a big hug! LOL Merry Christmas!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 1:11 AM on Dec. 25, 2010